April Rhodes: Designer Interview

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
“Being completely content with all that I am, have and do, just as it is. ”

What is your favorite color?
“Right now it's pale fleshy peach, or black.. or maybe mustard... actually I just can't answer that.”

What is your greatest extravagance?
“Maybe Channel mascara, or brie and these amazing gluten free crackers, Raincoast, that are about $10/box! Yikes."

April Rhodes: Designer Interview
My favorite photo of myself: If I had to choose a favorite photo of myself I would certainly pick one from when I was little.. I looked just like my daughters or rather they look like I did. Also I was so opinionated about fashion, even then. I liked ripped jeans and too big t-shirts. I have one picture that I can't seem to find.. but I was 3 years old, wearing nothing but underwear and my mothers army boots. It's definitely my favorite photo.

What is your favorite journey?
“Life”

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
“How could a virtue be overrated?"

On what occasion do you lie?
“When something costs 1.99... I might tell my husband it cost $1 ;)”

What do you dislike most about your appearance?
“I'm 5' 2" and I've always wanted to be taller... sigh. ”

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
“"So" and "awesome" and "so awesome". ”

What is your greatest regret?
“I honestly don't have one.. I have little ones but I try not to dwell on them. It doesn't help anything or anyone.”

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
“My husband, Jeffrey..”

What talent would you most like to have?
“I would love to be able to play the guitar.. or the accordion."

April Rhodes: Designer Interview
My favorite thing I've made (recently) : It's too hard to pick an ultimate fave, but this Date Night Dress is my favorite recent make.. I pieced the front together with a print form my Arizona fabric collection with some Art Gallery solid, and lace for the flutter sleeves. It is definitely my favorite Date Night Dress ever.

What is your current state of mind?
“Happy :)”

If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
“I would love to come back as a beautiful creature.. a horse or a wolf, something powerful, smart and fast... but I might actually come back as a mouse, who knows.”

Where would you like to live?
“If I weren't so well rooted in my hometown, I would love to venture to Portland or Toronto or Bristol.”

What is your favorite occupation?
“I dont really like the word occupation. Just sounds too serious. ”

What is the quality you most like in a man?
“Compassion and kindhearted humor.”

What is the quality you most like in a woman?
“The same as above.”

What do you most value in your friends?
“Their companionship, encouragement and ability to have fun!!”

April Rhodes: Designer Interview
My most treasured possession: Sheeesh that's another hard one... but I'd have to say it's my Bernina.

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
“Sookie Stackhouse and Katniss Everdeen, and Clary Fray. All the smart, tough girls. "

Who are your heroes in real life?
“My parents."

How would you like to die?
"I would prefer to die of old age... but not so old that I'm terribly dependent.. just old enough. It would be nice to lay down and say "Ok I'm done, thanks for the good times!".. is that an option?! "

Looking for the Parcel #3 Inspiration Tour? It's Right Here.
Looking to buy Parcel #3? You can Get It Here until June 13.

1




1 comment: